muses of the moment

February 19, 2013

Martin Armstrong’s latest blog post dated February 17, 2013

Filed under: Gold and Silver Investing, Martin Armstrong, Precious metals — Tags: — totallygroovygirlfriday @ 2:11 pm

Click here for Martin Armstrong’s latest blog post dated February 17, 2013 about gold.

He has other new blog posts on other subjects if you want to check them out.

Advertisements

3 Comments »

  1. Hi GG,

    Armstrong may be right about gold in chart terms, but the facts remain re: national repatriation, buying over and under the table, bypassing international sanctions, tungsten, dealer supply shortfalls, lack of increase in global production, lack of exports, physical premiums, discrepancy in pricing between western and eastern exchanges, and so on. A major gold dealer near Vancouver told me that he has never been so busy. “We Buy Gold” outlets (at least some apparently owned by JPM) continue to pop up. Local mom-and-pop dealers have sporadic supply. A local custom luxury jeweller just hired two more qualified staff specifically to work with gold.

    We hear talk about a Nash Equilibrium in the context of Game Play. The fiat paper system is one kind of game. The investing audience is losing interest and changing channels. I wonder if Armstrong tempers his thinking with this understanding. It’s not clear from his blurbs. Anyway, he’s writing now for money.

    Thanks for the link.

    Comment by Lore — February 20, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

  2. Lore,

    You could be right. One thing that Martin still does say is $5000 by 2015-2018, long term gold cycle is still in play. You are right that he seems to be poo-pooing gold right now.

    One thing that everyone needs to understand is that when, how, and how much gold you buy will depend on your age, financial circumstances, debt level, and net worth. groovygirl would never advise an 80 year old to put all their savings in gold. They need reliable income now and thru 2018. Like wise, gg would never advise a collage graduate with $200,000 in debt to buy gold with all their savings. They need to pay down their debt first. Even if you are out of debt and have a good sized savings account, and a regular job as income, gg would still only advise you to put 10-20% of your total worth in physical gold and silver for the long-term (5-10 years). This will keep the purchasing power of the other 80%.

    gg

    Comment by totallygroovygirlfriday — February 20, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

  3. Yah. You only speculate with money you can afford to lose.

    On that note, this guy seems like a sign of the times: http://www.youtube.com/embed/yS13rWmv_KI

    Comment by Lore — February 20, 2013 @ 7:48 pm


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: